- Identify Arizona wildlife species and wildlife sign through the use of a field guide.
- Identify basic wildlife survival needs.
- Describe specific adaptations of wildlife to their environment and their role within the ecosystem.
- Describe predator/prey relationships and cite examples using native Arizona species.
- Describe food chains and food webs and cite examples using species found within Arizona. (Non-native, introduced species may be used.)
- Describe factors that determine a population’s carrying capacity, including those that may limit or enhance population growth.
- Recommend various ways the public and wildlife managers can help in the protection, conservation, management, and enhancement of wildlife populations.
- Describe the potential impact of the introduction of non-native species into an ecosystem.
Suggested web resources: